Friday, November 18, 2011

Flowers Indoors




Growing flowers indoors is fun and easy if you have some sunshine and warmth to offer. I love growing geraniums indoors best, as they continue to bloom all year round.  Here's are some pictures of my indoor blooms...










These are my daisy chrysanthemums...







All you need is a little bit of blooming fertilizer to help promote lots of endless flowers in your home.  Petunias are another great choice for indoor blooming plants and they smell great too...












These ones however, do not smell great.  Stinky Stars...






Celosia is another good choice for indoor flowers and they're easy-to-care-for as well...





More geraniums and pansies...














"Thumbelina" dwarf Zinnia in aero-garden...





Pansies are a terrific indoor flower as well. I grow them in my bathroom window throughout spring and sometimes Fall...




Gerbera Daisy...




I like to grow my blooming plants in windows with good morning sunshine but shelter from hot afternoon heat.  Lots of water is needed to keep flowers healthy and blooming.  I recommend a good quality, well-draining medium. I find flowering plants that are slightly rootbound tend to bloom a little more.  It's also a good idea to remove all your spent blooms to encourage the plants to continue to produce new blooms.  Leaving dead flowers on the plant will send a message to the plant that it already has blooms and no need to make anymore, so deadheading is a good practice indeed.


More on indoor flower growing soon...


: )


No comments:

Post a Comment